I've been keeping a list of Biblical Facts that have surprised me over the past few months, and decided they would be fun to share in a post with all of you. I hope you enjoy!
- Did you know that the Body and Blood at the Last Supper is not mentioned at all in the Gospel of John? How could this be? Many believe it is because John's Gospel was written much later than the other 3 synoptic Gospels. As such, they believe John knew the Body and Blood was already an accepted.
- Did you know there is only one book in the Bible that does have the word God? Esther.
- Ironically, that same book has the longest verse in the Bible. Esther 8:9.
- The shortest prayer in the Bible is from Peter. "Lord, save me!"
- A recent survey by the Barna Group found that nearly 9 out of 10 people own a Bible!
God Bless you.
I am really surprised at the last fact. 9 out of 10 own a Bible!
Is this world-wide or in a certain country? Either way, I doubt all these Bibles are read. Owning is one thing, reading is another.
Thanx Michael for these interesting facts. Glad to see you Blogging again.
God bless you.
Thanks for these tidbits.
My shortest prayer is - Help!
Victor: I was equally as shocked. I'm assuming the numbers were US based, but I didn't see a mention of that. Either way, I'm with you, unfortunately I doubt all of them were read.
Colleen: What a coincidence ... mine too!
God bless you both.
Post a Comment