My post about the Wedding Feast in Cana got me thinking... If I could go back and watch any hour in Christ's life, what hour would I choose?
After about two weeks of debating with myself (I won, by the way), I finally decided on my answer. Of course, then I started wondering what hour all of you would choose.
So I decided that this week, I will create my very first Meme. (I know some of you are probably Meme-d out, but how many actually help you spend time with God?)
Here's the question:
If you could go back and watch any hour of Christ's life, which hour would you choose and why?
Here are the rules:
- To make this a bit easier, you can choose 3 one-hour time periods. (Your "top 3", if you will)
- To make things harder, you cannot choose His birth or any time period from the Last Supper on.
- If you have a blog, post this question and rules and answer it there. If you would rather not spend a post quenching my curiosity, or if you do not have a blog, feel free to post your answer in the comments section here.
- Put a link to your post in the comments section of this post so we can all share.
- Tag 3 other people to do the same.
Ok, now that we covered all of that, here are mine:
- That miraculous hour at the Wedding in Cana. Aside from wanting to witness His first public miracle, I would love to witness the conversation between Jesus and Mary. They both must have known what that act would lead to down the road. And yet, they both showed great strength. I wonder if that moment was a solemn one, despite the miraculous act and the festive environment.
- The Sermon on the Mount. I imagine a sunny day. A grassy field. And hundreds of people surprised at the words coming out of our Lord's mouth. Blessed are the poor? The humble? I imagine people's eyes being opened for the first time after hearing these words.
- Peter gets it. I was going to choose another hour here, but I heard Matthew 16 this week and it really moved me. Peter is inspired by God. The Disciples have their answer. The keys to Heaven are handed out. And Jesus starts to show the blueprint for His Church. Talk about a jam packed hour!
Hope you enjoy.
P.S. If you have made it this far, consider yourself tagged!