My post about the Wedding Feast in Cana got me thinking... If I could go back and watch any hour in Christ's life, what hour would I choose?
After about two weeks of debating with myself (I won, by the way), I finally decided on my answer. Of course, then I started wondering what hour all of you would choose.
So I decided that this week, I will create my very first Meme. (I know some of you are probably Meme-d out, but how many actually help you spend time with God?)
Here's the question:
If you could go back and watch any hour of Christ's life, which hour would you choose and why?
Here are the rules:
- To make this a bit easier, you can choose 3 one-hour time periods. (Your "top 3", if you will)
- To make things harder, you cannot choose His birth or any time period from the Last Supper on.
- If you have a blog, post this question and rules and answer it there. If you would rather not spend a post quenching my curiosity, or if you do not have a blog, feel free to post your answer in the comments section here.
- Put a link to your post in the comments section of this post so we can all share.
- Tag 3 other people to do the same.
Ok, now that we covered all of that, here are mine:
- That miraculous hour at the Wedding in Cana. Aside from wanting to witness His first public miracle, I would love to witness the conversation between Jesus and Mary. They both must have known what that act would lead to down the road. And yet, they both showed great strength. I wonder if that moment was a solemn one, despite the miraculous act and the festive environment.
- The Sermon on the Mount. I imagine a sunny day. A grassy field. And hundreds of people surprised at the words coming out of our Lord's mouth. Blessed are the poor? The humble? I imagine people's eyes being opened for the first time after hearing these words.
- Peter gets it. I was going to choose another hour here, but I heard Matthew 16 this week and it really moved me. Peter is inspired by God. The Disciples have their answer. The keys to Heaven are handed out. And Jesus starts to show the blueprint for His Church. Talk about a jam packed hour!
Hope you enjoy.
P.S. If you have made it this far, consider yourself tagged!
Here you go http://seekerofhope.blogspot.com/2010/01/three-hour-tour.html
This was fun as well as meditative. I think you may have given me some more inspiration for my Living Scripture posts :)
Here is my link:
That was WONDERFUL! God reward you for posting this... here is my answer.
Matthew, Karinann, and Sadie: thank you for taking the time to answer the question. I cant believe how many different "hours" we all came up with. There are very few overlaps so far. Thank you all for giving me more to meditate on.
I would call this the best MEME idea ever! I will be posting my top three within a few days. Thanks for the great suggestion!
Great meme! I'm still thinking of my own hours.
Michael, why don't you put up a McLinky? =) You could get more participation that way.
This was WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for inviting us to join you in this reflection! My post is here:
But as I jaunt around reading others' entries, I am finding myself nodding and shouting, "OH YES! That hour too!!! I would like to be at THAT hour too!!!"
God bless you for inspiring us to spend a few moments THIS CLOSE to Jesus.
This is a great meme! I got tagged and this is one I am looking forward to :)
Hello! We are Judy's daughters.
She (our mom) commented above.
She gave us permission to join your meme on our own blog! Hope you don't mind us kids participating!
You can see our entry here:
Thank you! This was REALLY fun to think about!
~Mary Helen and Grace~
Anne: I don't know about that, but I certainly appreciate the sentiment. I look forward to reading your choices!
Enbrethiliel: McLinky? Never heard of it but I will check it out! Thanks for the tip! Look forward to reading your answer.
Judy, Helen and Grace: Thank you all for participating. Your family is very blessed, and I loved your answers!
Mary: Thank you, and I'm looking forward to reading your post!
This was a great meme Michael. I enjoyed doing it. Thank you. My post is up.
Thanks, Michael. I enjoyed doing this meme :) http://openingthefloodgatesofmercy.blogspot.com/2010/02/three-moments-with-jesus.html
I also loved reading about the moments everyone else chose!
Michael, here's my link!
Carol, Mary and Anne: Thank you so much for sharing. I still can't believe how many different hours everyone has chosen. It's so much fun to read all of them!
Hi Michael, Judy (above) tagged me for this meme. Thank you for starting it! Here is the link to mine: http://threeblessingsacademy.blogspot.com/2010/02/spending-time-with-my-lord-special-meme.html
I am a little late getting here, but I am going to do this too within the next few days.....
This was wonderful. It was fun and it led to prayer and reflections. Here is my link
Michael, I did mine, but I can't get the whole address to copy for you. It is titled "As Witneesed by the Fly"
Thsi was so much fun! Thanks
Post a Comment